Fore! New mini golf in Pleasant Hills

Madison Fetherston, Reporter

After two years in the making, Mountain Run Mini Golf opened their doors in August, offering the people of Fallston fun for all. The course shares a parking lot with Earth, Wood, and Fire restaurant as well as other businesses. Tim Conder, co-owner with Brian Hartlieb, shares that the idea for a mini golf course came from Wyatt Hartlieb, Brian Hartlieb’s son.

Mountain Run Mini Golf is actively taking precautions during the times of COVID-19. All attendees are required to wear a mask upon arrival and to keep it on for the duration of their visit. Masks are also available at the sales counter.

The course’s focus is nature, Mountain Run Mini Golf features a waterfall, four ponds, and two rivers. The original intent of this area was to build a water feature across from the patio of Earth, Wood, and Fire restaurant for folks dining outside. Not only has this course been described as scenic by visitors, but unlike other mini golf courses, eight out of eighteen holes are handicap accessible. 

Fallston High School’s PTA has already taken advantage of the new mini golf course, as they held a fundraiser on September 23. While Mountain Run Mini Golf limits 5 players to a hole, parties/events can be booked online to reserve a time at the course. 

Locals have supported the mini golf course, sharing their experiences on websites such as Yelp and Facebook. The course has even drawn the attention of members from communities such as Baltimore City, Glen Burnie, and Columbia. 

The course has multiple water features, due to the layout of the course each hole either has a water feature or a view of one of many. Players are greeted at the third hole by a waterfall and fountain, throughout the course a variety of plants and trees decorate the landscape.     

Ryan Webb, senior and member of North Harford’s golf team enjoyed the new local mini golf. “It was enjoyable and has a good location because it was next to Rita’s.” Webb shares that he would go to Mountain Run Mini Golf again due to the friendly staff, the convenient location, and the excitement of the new course. 

Mountain Run Mini Golf is open 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturdays, and 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sundays. As for rates, one round for players 13 years or older is $10. Children from ages 5 through 12 play one round for the cost of $7 while children under 5 play for free. As for military/first responders, one round cost $6 for those who present valid identification. Players over the age of 65 also play one round of mini golf for the cost of $6.