Olivia Wilde served papers on stage; Actress figures out custody with ex-husband

Kensington Boyanich, Business Manager

During the unveiling for her new movie, ‘Don’t Worry Darling,’ director and actress Olivia Wilde was served custody papers from her ex-husband Jason Sudeikis. In the middle of her on stage speech on April 26, Wilde was given a manila envelope labeled “Personal and Confidential.”

The folder was said to contain custody papers regarding the two young children the celebrities share together.

Wilde has two children with Sudeikis, Otiz Sudeikis who is 8 and Daisy Josephine Sudeikis who is 5. The split happened in November of 2020 according to Economic Times. The couple had been engaged for seven years and began dating in 2011.

According to tabloid site Page Six, Sudeikis said about the incident, “[He] had no prior knowledge of the time or place that the envelope would have been delivered … and he would never condone [Wilde] being served in such an inappropriate manner.” 

Sudeikis said to GQ Magazine about the split, “I’ll have a better understanding of why in a year and an even better one in two, and an even greater one in five, and it’ll go from being, you know, a book of my life to becoming a chapter to a paragraph to a line to a word to a doodle.”

Some students have also voiced their opinion on the situation. Junior Brynn Hoffman states, “The way the papers were presented was disrespectful and immature. I don’t really like Olivia Wilde because she is problematic but I empathize with her and thought the way she handled the situation was very mature.”

Hoffman goes on to say, “I believe Sudeikis is acting like he knew nothing about the situation. I think he had some kind of say in the matter and wasn’t completely clueless like he says he is.”

A poll posted on Instagram surveyed 150 people, 69% said that the way the papers were delivered to Wilde on stage was inappropriate and immature. 

Junior Tatiana Gonzalez says about the incident, “the way she was handed those papers on stage was so unprofessional and I genuinely feel bad for her.”

Wilde’s new movie is coming out September 23 of this year. It stars Florence Pugh, Chris Pine, Nick Kroll, and Harry Styles who she is rumored to be dating. The movie is a psychological thriller set in the 1950’s. IMDb’s synopsis of the movie reads, “A 1950s housewife living with her husband in a utopian experimental community begins to worry that his glamorous company may be hiding disturbing secrets.”