Spending summer Abroad

Rebekah Keaton, Production Manager

Paris, Normandy, and Nice were included in the itinerary of students from NH who traveled abroad this summer.  Organized by French teacher Madame Larissa Arist, the group worked with the educational travel site Explorica, which Arist says “I’ve pretty much been using them for all my trips”  and also would rate them a ten. Explorica works to create tours and new experiences for students.

The tours are not only educational, but fun. They work with the teachers to ensure that the trip meets their needs and budget. Not only does Explorica “Guarantee” the best prices, they also give scholarships and financial help to ensure that those who want to go can.

The trip cost 4,000 dollars to go. Though the cost seems expensive it did cover all of the meals, hotels, and bussing. All the students had to do was learn and enjoy their summer experience abroad.

Junior’s Sydney Altman and Maddie Kramer attended the trip. Altman found Paris to be the most education part of the trip because of all the museums, history and culture that it held. Kramer thought Normandy to be the most educational due to all of the history. While she was there she visited the Arromanches museum, or better known as the D-Day museum which she thought to be really interesting.     

Not only did they visit Paris, Normandy and Nice, the group also visited several little places in between like Honfleur. Kramer found Honfleur, in the north of France between Paris and Normandy.  Was one of her favorites. . The little town is known for its medieval architecture and ocean views.

Both Kramer and Altman say the trip was worth the money and they would definitely go again in “a heartbeat.” and Kramer also says, “I definitely caught the travel bug.”