Following up on our teachers; Former teachers embrace new opportunities

Back to Article
Back to Article

Leigha Macburney, Reporter

Mrs. Kathryn Humphrey, former NH art teacher, is still teaching art classes at Bel Air High School. She specifically is teaching fine art prep and sculpture but is also “exploring coaching possibly in the spring.” Although the art teacher misses the Hawks nest, she enjoys seeing the different traditions at Bel Air High School. Humphery mentioned that Bel Air does activities such as “chalk the walk, trivia, and a scavenger hunt.” She cherishes seeing Señora Rosales every day because their worlds at NH didn’t allow them to really connect. Humphery’s also wanted to say “hi” to her Hawks family. 

Señora Carrie Rosales, former spanish teacher, is teaching spanish two and three/four at Bel Air High School. Just like Humphery, Rosales is also “very sad to leave NH.” For 13 years she developed relationships with colleagues and students but never really got the chance to get to know Humphery. Both the art teacher and the spanish teacher have gotten to know each other now that the cross paths on a more regular basis. The spanish teacher mentioned that she hopes to “make new relationships and to glean fresh teaching strategies working with new world language colleagues.”

Alan Banks, former PE teacher, continues to teach gym classes to a different set of students. Banks teaches at North Bend Elementary school with the little kids. The gym teacher mentioned that he enjoys having his own office and teaching this younger group of students. 

Ryan Bayne, former history and psychology teacher, is teaching at Havre de Grace High School. Bayne is still teaching psychology, US history, and government but is also coaching cross country. Now that he works at Havre de Grace, he is closer to home.  Bayne mentioned that Havre de Grace is a smaller school giving it a great sense of community. He added that the staff and students are wonderful on top of it all. 

Kathy Ege, former special educator, is now all the way at Seaford High School, in Seaford Delaware. She teachers the ninth grade integrated physical science class. Ege mentioned that she lives three miles from the beach which is what she loves the most about her new location.