Walking through woods; Students share hiking favorites

Grace Feldbush, Reporter

There are many places near us to hike, walk, and explore.  

Junior Kaitlyn Mulholland says, “One of my favorite places to go is Pretty Boy Reservoir.” According to Mulholland, it is in northern Baltimore County, and the surrounding land is a forested watershed. She says there is water, and lots of trees, and it is a beautiful place to take photos.  

Junior Caleb Erdman says his favorite place to go is Loch Raven. “I like Loch Raven because It is a nice peaceful place to clear your head and is also pretty to look at,” Erdman says. According to Erdman, this reservoir provides drinking water for the city of Baltimore and is also beautiful. Gunpowder falls river into this huge body of water.  

Freshman William Dodds says his favorite place to go hiking is the King and Queen seat, also known as Rocks State Park. He says, “I like exploring with my friends there and I love the thrill of being so high up on the rocks, I like the adrenaline rush it gives me to be up so high.” The King and Queen seat sits 190 feet above Deer Creek, which provides a scary but breathtaking view.  

Senior Jackson Miller says, “My favorite place to go is Eden Mill.” He says he likes Eden Mill because there are multiple different paths you can choose from, and he likes to go fishing there with his family, or friends. “I like taking my dog there too because it is a very dog-friendly place, so I feel comfortable taking them there,” Miller states.  

Freshman Lexi Lewis says, “I like going to Perryville Community Park because there are multiple things to do there and it is good for all ages.” She explains you can walk, fish, go on your boat, go on the playground, or have a picnic. “Opportunities are endless there and it is my absolute favorite place to go during the spring and summer,” Lewis states.  

Senior Daniel Beichler says his favorite place to go is Annapolis Rock. “I enjoy camping and hiking, which is why I like this place so much since it has plenty of space to do both of those,” Beichler says. According to Beichler, it has a beautiful view and is the perfect trip for him and his friends to take to have their guy time. He thinks more people should have quality time with their friends there while camping and just being outside.  

From beautiful views to fishing and camping, Maryland has countless places to get outside and enjoy some time in the sun. Students have shared their favorite places, and you can check them out.