Romance drama leaves fans buzzing about Pilot Pete

LAUREN BRANDIS, Reporter

Concluding season 24 of the Bachelor, starring Peter Weber as the bachelor, “multiple fans are left upset” from the “messy ending” according to junior Ashley Worden. The reality and romance television show wrapped up their two-part finale with a twist. 

Beginning the season with 30 girls, Weber had to  eliminate multiple girls each week in order to discover his true love. During the rose ceremony, which is performed every week, Weber handed a rose to each girl he wanted to keep in the process of finding his wife.

The last two standing were Hannah Ann Sluss and Madison Prewett. 

Sluss found herself with the first rose of the season. During the first impression portion she won Weber over and scored the ticket to the next week. 

Prewett was favored by fans for her “honesty and self-worth” according to Worden. Prewett faced conflicts throughout the season attempting to remain true to herself and beliefs. 

During part one of the finale, Prewett made the final decision to stick to “her true self” and leave the show on her own. In the end, Sluss was the only woman left on the show during the second part of finale. 

When proposing to Sluss, Weber mentioned that she was the last woman left which made Jackson feel “awkward for Sluss.” She explains  His choice of words when proposing were “not expected.”        

In Part two of the finale, Weber proposed to Sluss, giving her the “fairy tale ending” she wanted,  according to Worden. 

Students buzz over Weber’s mother and her reaction to her son’s final choice in love.  Senior Ava Schmidt states “his mother was acting childish.” She believes “Peter should have been able to choose his new wife without interference.” 

However, the engagement came to a halt when Weber backed out, and reconnected with Prewett.  Concluding the 12-episode season, Worden mentioned this “outrageous ending left fans in shock.”