Student spring must have’s; Things you need

Grace Feldbush, Reporter

Spring is right around the corner and students are ready.  

Sophomore Madalyn Rutch says “Having a small speaker you can take with you anywhere has made everything so much better.”  Rutch says she got a cheap small one from five below so she doesn’t have to worry about it too much, and is easy to carry around places.  

Rutch says she takes the speaker with her everywhere, on walks, laying in the sun, hiking, and swimming and listening to music makes everything so much better. “A good pair of headphones is also a must have in my book.” Rutch says.  

Rutch also says she makes a new music playlist every spring for the upcoming spring and summer, and she listens to it all the time. “This has been a tradition for a few years now and I want to keep it going,” She says.  

Sophomore Valorie Radel says, “Sunglasses are a must have for me, sun shining into my eyes is my least favorite thing about spring.” Radel also says that bug bites are her least favorite thing, and makes her extremely uncomfortable, so carrying bug spray with her is a must.  

“This is not really something you can buy, but my favorite weather is spring rainy days,” Radel states. She says she needs at least a few spring rainy days a year, because it is her all-time favorite weather. Radel thinks it is refreshing to have rain, after having warm days so many days in a row.  

Senior Daniel Beichler says he loves the outdoors and loves camping in spring. “Good camping equipment is essential for me because it is one of my favorite things to do,” Beichler explains. A good tent, sleeping bag, and chair goes a long way.  

Beichler says right when it gets warm enough, he swims in a pond that his family owns, so it is essential that the pond is clean and ready to go. He also needs pool noodles, and other floaty toys to relax in the pond. “I love laying in the pond relaxing, with my dog, it is one of my favorite things to do.” he explains.  

Sophomore Caitlyn Nailor says she loves going on walks with her dog in the spring, since it is perfect walking weather. “I need a good leash and walking shoes and clothes for my walks, to make sure I am comfortable,” Nailor says. She explains she loves spending time outside in general, and gets burnt so easily, so a good sunscreen is also a must in her book.