Harry Potter cast reunites; Actors interact 20 years later

Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint returned for 20 year anniversary
Cast talked about their memories from the films

Daniel Radcliff, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint returned for 20 year anniversary Cast talked about their memories from the films

REESE SHOWALTER, Reporter

The Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone film came out in 2001. For the 20 anniversary edition, some of the cast included Daniel Radcilff(Harry Potter), Emma Watson(Hermione Granger), and Rupert Grint(Ron Weasley). The anniversary feature was released on HBO Max on January 1 2022. 

The reunion was nearly two hours long of the cast talking about memories along with clips from the movies. There was a portion where they honored actors who had died that starred in the films including Alan Rickman who played Professor Severus Snape, Helen McCrory who played Narcissa Malfoy, and others. 

The feature consisted of the actors reminiscing about filming and the memories from the films. For many of the actors talking about the memories was very emotional. 

Junior Cole Younger watched the reunion, he said, “I think my favorite part was when they [Grint, Watson, and Radcliff] started talking about how awkward kissing scenes were in the Deathly Hallows and just overall seeing everyone back together was really nice.”

Younger continued to say, “I was happy to see all of the cast back together but I really liked seeing the actor that played Neville Longbottom [Matthew Lewis] because he was always one of my favorite characters and it was nice to see him in that setting again.” 

Younger talked about how Harry Potter had played a large role in his childhood, he felt nostalgic and sentimental watching the reunion.

Sophomore Kayla Doll said, “I was happy to see Emma Watson, she is brilliant and is by far one of my favorite actors and it was so cool seeing her with the cast again.” Watson has been in other films including the Perks of being a Wallflower, Beauty and the Beast, and Little Women. 

Doll also said, “It was very emotional [the reunion], I cried so many times especially during the tribute to all those who passed since the films. [Harry Potter] taught me you only have one life and you should live it like you want, not letting anyone push you around.”

Sophomore Grace Conklin said, “My favorite part [of the reunion] was when they talked about the memories they had made on set with each-other and how they have such an unbreakable bond between them.”

Conklin added, her favorite part [of the Harry Potter] series was during the Order of the Phoenix when the twins dropped out of school and surprised everyone [with fireworks during exams].