Golf team swinging for hole-in-one

Kayla Nowacki, Reporter

The 2017 golf team’s regular season has come to a conclusion, however, four North Harford athletes are headed to the states championship at University of Maryland. From this 15 person team, this elite group stars players Sarah Hendrickson, Derek Mcmanus, Wyatt Biensach, and Jake Nemeth.

Hendrickson has been on the team all four years of her high school carriers,  but this the first time they have been able to attend states. Prior the the match Hendrickson said, “I feel like the team really has a chance to qualify for the second day, maybe even win the state championship, we just kinda have to put all our hits together and focus.”

Hendrickson also says that just going to states in general is a pretty great exspirence.“Whether we do good or not it doesnt really matter because we all went as a team.”

Biensach is also attending states for the first time. After being on the team in freshman year he took a short leave and returned to the green in is junior year. Biensach explains that hes really looking forward to attending states and that he hopes to go out and play well and place high for our school.”It would be really great to bring home a win for North Harford, I think it would be really cool.”

As far as the support system that all these athletes have to keep up there motivations they say their biggest supporters are their family, coaches, and other teammates. Hendrickson says, “My dad is my biggest supporter and I think Jake Nemeth really pushes me because he always gives a solid effort everytime he plays and it motivates me to play better.”

When senior golfer Derek McManus was asked about his thoughts about going to states he said, “… I think we will do pretty well and if we all shoot low scores i think we have a good shot at going far, it just feels pretty good to go.”