Hawks spring sports closure

Rebekah Keaton, Hawks Reporter

Despite much of the season being peppered with rain, NH spring athletes came away far more than just soggy socks.

JV baseball, coached by science teacher, Mr. Douglas Heeter, had a team almost completely made up of freshman, with a total of 13 out of 16. As a team, they achieved their goal and hit double digit wins throughout the season. Heeter states that the proudest moment his team had was that even though they lost some games, they never gave up, and he looks forward to coaching and seeing them next season.

Softball also ended it season having had its fair share of success. The squad finished its season with a total of ten wins and five loses.   “The team shined when they were on the field,” said JV softball manager Ryan Blosser.

English teacher and tennis coach Ms. Emilie Keith felt her team “learned a lot about skills and sportsmanship.” Keith also added that they had many proud moments, but the best moment was when they beat Bel Air for the first time.

First time track and field coach Mrs. Laura O’Leary added that she, “really enjoyed working with the other coaches, Coach Ege, Coach Fries, Coach Kochola, Coach Lane, and Coach Burgis.” This year track and field had a large team with almost 100 total participants. O’Leary, being the long distance coach, led five of her athletes to States, including Madison Holliger, who ran the two mile.

Girls lacrosse was coached by Mrs. Patty Murdy, this season being her 22 year. Murdy says, “This year the scores of some of our games did not reflect the level of play and improvements made throughout the season.” This season Kiersten Grisbowski had the highest scored goals with 32, and Brenna Duley had the highest assists with 19. Hawks girls lacrosse were 6-10 overall.

Science teacher, Mr. Brady Green was the head coach for boys lacrosse, who won a total of eight games, according to County Sports Zone. JT Duley and Will Becker were both moved from JV and put on varsity throughout the season. They both said that overall their team did good and one thing that they could improve on for next year is to work on their team’s chemistry.