Keeping track of stats; Managers play role in team organization

MEGHAN KALCK, SSC Editor

Playing a sport requires commitment and a lot of hard work but, being a team manager is the exact same.

Junior Gianna Dellarose manages the boys varsity lacrosse team and she loves what she does. She has managed once in the past during her sophomore year and will continue managing throughout her senior year as well.

“Being a lacrosse manager you have to do things like take stats and go to all the games,” Dellarose says and also getting to know all of the players on the team and also the coaches.

One of Dellarose’s favorite things about being a manager is “just being there,” at the games and also being able to spend time with some of her “best friends,” who are the other managers she works with.

The other managers for the boys varsity lacrosse team are senior Jackie Bultman and senior Marissa Altenburg

Bultman has been a manager for four years and she loves being a manager and just like Dellarose, she likes hanging out with her friends who are also the managers.

“Being a manager you keep track, specifically in lacrosse, of penalty time, ground balls, saves by the goalie and more as well,” and they also help organize and coordinate the “office work,” which is stuff for events like senior night or fundraisers and they also help pass out uniforms and get any necessary forms in that the players need.

Bultman likes being a manager because “it is a way for me to be involved in a spring sport without actually playing the sport.” 

Altenburg is the “head manager,” for the varsity boys lacrosse team and the jobs are slightly different than that of the other managers like helping most of the parents and she does most of the things with the off season such as organizing uniforms. 

“A good amount of the job involves talking and yelling and making sure that the boys are in line,” Altenburg says.

She enjoys watching her brothers play and also seeing the field from a different perspective because “it’s different watching the game on the field then in the stands.”

Junior Kaley Mullhusen is the manager for the girls varsity lacrosse team and she loves being a manager because it is very enjoyable for her and she loves being with the team because the team is “all of her friends.”

This is her first year of managing and she plans on continuing through her senior year as well because she enjoys doing what she does just like the other managers.