Spring sports end with team in playoffs, at States

Claire Moffitt, Reporter

Spring sports have ended, and the Hawks did not have much luck in the playoffs other than the girls track and field team. Sophomore Finley Lavin says that “the girls team did well at regionals; we got 9th place for the 4 by  8.” Lavin also said that in states, they got 13th place in a 4 by 200. 

Both varsity baseball and varsity tennis got knocked out of the second round of playoffs. The baseball team stole the win against Harford Tech with a final score of 9-5. Regionals came around and the boys lost to Fallston in a close game, the final score was 2-3. Junior Colin Brosh said that “it was sad because it was the last game for the seniors.”

Tennis had their first playoff game against North East, and  took the win. The final score was 8-3. In the regional game against Bel Air, the Hawks lost in a close game 5-6. Sophomore Cara Dyke said, “the game against Bel Air was tough and nerve racking.” Dyke also states that she cannot wait for next season. 

Girl lacrosse had an overall record of 9-5, but the  Lady Hawks were eliminated after the first round of playoffs against CMW,  18-7. Junior Jody Cadden says that she’s “sad because we had a good team and I don’t want to lose the seniors.” Cadden says the ladies did better the first half than the second. Cadden also said that she believes they could have won. 

Boys lacrosse won against Elkton in the first round of playoffs, 21-0. They lost in the regional game 27-3 against  Kent Island. Junior Cruz Cespedesthat the game was “rough and chippy on both ends. Kent island ran up the score.”

Girls softball got knocked out in the first round of playoffs by Elkton, 6-15.  Sophomore  Mackenzie Dunaway said that the girls “ fell apart in the beginning and came together at the end.”