Harford Mall’s Sears closes; Customers speculate about replacement

Lillian Weatherman, Reporter

Sears closed its doors at the Harford Mall in  Bel Air Maryland. Students have started to predict what could possibly go in its spot. As well as other empty stores in the mall.

According to company spokesmen Larry Costello Sears closed early 2020 with 90  more around the world following it. Junior Andrew Mohr said he would want a White Castle restaurant. They do not have one in Maryland he explained, and he would like to see one. “My favorite food there is sliders, they are delicious,”  Andrew Mohr  is all for White Castle.

Junior Logan Chapman says he would like to see Chipotle Mexican Grill. “The nearest Chipotle is in Forest Hill,” he explained he also said that it would be easier to get if he was out running errands.

Logan also says he would like to see a clothing store as well. “A store that accommodates low income families such as Ross or Gabe’s or maybe even a secondhand store.” 

Junior Lillian Arnold says she would enjoy seeing a Kohl’s in the mall. “There aren’t any Kohl’s around my area,” she explains. “It would be better to have one closer to my house, so I don’t have to go all the way to Forest Hill.” 

Mrs. Laura O’Leary thinks otherwise about a new store. “I would rather a forest,” she stated. “It would take a long time for the Earth to heal itself of the mall!” She explained that there are restoration organizations that work hard to help the process along. Companies like ECOTONE and Chesapeake Environmental Management restore degraded habitats so they begin to function and deliver the ecosystem service back to people.