Warring with worry; Students dealing with stress

Meghan Kalck, Editor

With the first quarter coming to a close, students have been stressing all over the place worrying about
missing assignments, will they get them in on time? Or will it show up as a zero. But a lot of students have
different ways of coping with their stress which they have proven effective.
Sophomore Reilly Holmstrom has not been doing well with stress, she has never not made the honor
roll since elementary school. Holmstrom’s main source of stress this year is her grades and how she is
“failing classes”, because of the sudden switch to online learning.
One way Holmstrom copes with all her stress is “playing sports”, and “hanging out with her friends on
weekends”, and this does help but only temporarily. “Obviously it doesn’t fix my grades”, she stated, and
she also has no motivation to get her work done.
Holmstrom is definitely not the only one dealing with all these troubles, Senior Luc Lepore has also
had difficulties with stress and stress management. “Too many assignments”, Lepore stated was the main
cause of his stress.
There is “not enough time to get it done”, he also states, this seems to be one of the main causes of
student’s stress and troubles within the first quarter. Ways that Lepore copes with his stresses is sleeping
mostly but also spending money.
Sleeping is very beneficial when it comes to stress, it relaxes the body and the mind after a long day of
work or school says learnpsychology.org
Freshman Alie Mitchell also has issues when it comes to stress. “School work and being at home with
family”, is what stresses Mitchell out the most.
One way Mitchell likes to cope with her stress is a kind of meditation called Chakra Meditation and tis
methods has been very beneficial to Mitchell, she states that it works “every time”.
Different methods of coping with stress are the way to go, some more examples are taking a walk,
reading, hang with friends, and just breathe. These are just a few ways to help you.
Another way to help with your stress is to make sure to get assignments done on time or make sure to
study as much as you can that way you are prepared for any tests/exams says learnpsychology.org. Also,
this website states to make sure you have plenty of time for everything or make sure you learn to manage
your time.