VolunTeen Leo Club setting foot forward Helping those in need

Hannah Kriezk, Op/Ed Editor

VolunTeen Leo Club has stepped up to help those that need a little extra push. Not all students doing online school have the best setup to be able to work efficiently or have everything they need given to them at home.

“Three groups of 40 kids each came through to build the desks to donate to children in Harford County who didn’t have a designated school space,” states the Baltimore Sun. VolunTeen put in the work they needed to, so some of these kids could have a space to work at home. 

In order to do so they partnered with, “Caruso Homes, Bel Air Lions, Southern Harford County Rotary, Chick-Fil-A, Pat’s Pizzeria, Home Depot, Yorktown Sports, and Sleep in Heavenly Peace.” 

The places that the desks were later donated to consisted of, “students at Halls Cross Roads, Magnolia Elementary Schools, The Boys and Girls Club of Edgewood, George Lisby School, Harford Family House, and Catholic Charities,” lists the Baltimore Sun. 

As a volunteer organization, they are always promoting doing good for others. Brook Hopkins discussed that, “this project promoted concentration and productivity, while also promoting physical, emotional and social well-being.” 

How hard can it be to want to help others? Volunteering should come as more of a want to people. This is an example of one thing that was done… but this is not even close to the only thing that has been done by volunteers in general. 

These teens are helping, not hurting. They are not making money, but that is not what matters at all, the feeling in return after working hard to positively impact someone else’s life, is worth it. That’s why volunteering is so important. It’s giving back, but for no price other than someone’s time. 

Ways to volunteer, where, when, how, is not put out there enough. If there was more talk about it, there might be more action taken upon it. 

A lot of bad can happen in the world, but it is important to put good into it as much as possible. Organizations like VolunTeen make that possible.