Students plan for spring break; Relaxing, traveling during time off

REESE SHOWALTER, Reporter

Spring break is coming up quickly, and lots of students have plans for the upcoming time off. Many are going out of state, spending time with family, or just relaxing over break.

School is not in session starting Wednesday, April 13 with a half day and students return to school on Wednesday, April 20.

Sophomore Sara Ford is planning on spending some time with her friends.. She said, “My plans aren’t really huge, but I am planning to hang out with two of my close friends. I don’t get to see them often during the school year.” Ford is also making a few changes. She said, “ I also am getting a decent amount of my hair cut off, which is something I have wanted to do for a while.”

Junior Ava Grabowski does not have any plans.. She said, “Honestly I am not really planning on doing anything over the break. I am just happy to be off from school for a little, just to have time to relax and not stress about school.”

Some students are taking a quick vacation over their long weekend. This long weekend is a chance for many students to get away and relax.

Junior Maddie Kingsley said, “I am going to Indiana for a goat show over the break.” She added, “It’s nice to be going out of state even though it really isn’t a vacation. I am glad to be getting away and it will be nice to not have to worry about school work.”

Kingsley has been showing goats for many years now and this is just one of the many shows she participates in throughout the year.

Junior Cole Younger said, “I am going to New York City over the break. My sisters live in New York and I visit them sometimes. I really love spending time in New York. It is one of my favorite places to be and I try to visit as often as I can.”

Younger said, “I really just like spending time in the city just sightseeing, walking into stores, I really like the atmosphere of the city.”

Junior Jenna Amrhein said, “For spring break I am headed down to Ocean City for the weekend. I am going to visit Salisbury and University of Delaware while also probably outlet shopping and just enjoying time at the beach.”