Regular season comes to close; Girls lacrosse celebrates their seniors

Girls Varsity Lacrosse is getting ready for their playoff games. They took a picture after their game against Bel Air High School.

Margie Fortune

REESE SHOWALTER, Reporter

The girls lacrosse regular season games are coming to a close. The teams last regular season game was on May 5 against Hereford. They lost their first play of game against C. Milton Wright. 

Throughout the season the girls had a total of eight home games, including their senior night, and they had eight away games.  This season the varsity team won nine games and lost five games. The junior varsity won eight games and lost two.

Their last home game was against Hereford, but their senior night was on April 26 against Havre de Grace. The girls won against Havre de Grace 8-7.

The four graduating seniors on the team include Allison Stewart, Caylin Presley, Reagan Saboy, and Emma Moffit.

Senior Allison Stewart said, “Senior night was more emotional during field hockey season because I was injured for lacrosse. I think my last in-season game will be more emotional than the true senior night.”

Stewart said that her favorite memory was beating harford tech, “Our energy was amazing and it was a huge win for us.”

Many underclassmen are excited for next year’s season even though the seniors are going to graduate.

Junior Isabella Southard said, “I’m sad that the seniors are leaving, they are all amazing players that I have played with since rec, so I am sad to see them leave, but excited for them for college.” 

Junior Reilly Holmstrom said, “I am sad the seniors are leaving. Especially Allison, I have played with her since I was little so it is emotional that she won’t be playing with me next year.” She added, “Senior night was emotional for me because I am not ready for my own senior night next year. I know next year’s senior night is going to be very emotional for me.”

Southard was emotional on senior night, she said that she knew that senior night meant a lot to them and seeing them both happy and sad made her feel the same.

Stewart said, “I definitely enjoyed my last season because it was one of the first normal seasons since Covid and I had so much fun.” 

She added, “I am proud of how most of the girls keep their composure and how some of them are so encouraging. Some girls are amazing players and teammates.”

Southard said, “I have a lot of hope for next season despite losing our seasons. We have a lot of talented players left, as well as a lot of talented incoming juniors, so I’m excited to see how next season will play out.”

Holmstrom said, “I am excited for my senior season next year, I know it is going to be emotional but I am super excited to continue playing in college.”