Enola Holmes added to Netflix; Millie Bobby Brown stars in new mystery film

Alexa Falls, Reporter

Recently, on September 23, Netflix released the new Enola Holmes movie. Directed by Harry Bradbeer, the film is based on the Enola Holmes book series made by Nancy Springer.  

The movie and book series are both about Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ sister, Enola, whose mother goes missing on her birthday. Enola’s mission is to travel to London to find her and outthink her famous detective brother, Sherlock. The story takes place in England during 1884. 

Mainly known for her role in the Netflix series ‘Stranger Things,’ Millie Bobby Brown plays the main character Enola Holmes. 

Some of the other characters in this story are played by Fiona Shaw, Louis Partridge, Henry Cavill, Sam Claflin and Helena Bonham Carter. Shaw is Miss Harrison, Partridge plays Viscount Tewkesbury, Cavill represents Sherlock Holmes, Claflin is Mycroft Holmes and Carter plays the part of Eudoria Holmes. 

The film is a part of the mystery genre. It is also considered to be an adventure, crime or drama movie. It is rated PG-13. The movie is two hours and three minutes long. 

The film got a 91 percent tomato meter score on Rotten Tomatoes as well. On Common Sense Media, the movie was rated four out of five stars. Jennifer Green from Common Sense Media says that the film is, “entertaining period mystery has feminist messages, violence.” According to Google, 94 percent of users said they liked the movie. 

Google user Vikas Joshi says Enola Holmes is an, “absolutely beautiful movie with captivating cinematography, location, and especially our most loved lovely MILLIE BOBBY. This Netflix’s lovely & talented kid prodigy Millie bobby stole the show with her beauty & acting skills.” Joshi rated the film four out of five stars. 

Sophomore Samina Dhani said that the movie was, “so good,” and that she would recommend it. Dhani said that she would watch it again because, “it is not a predictable movie, it keeps you on your toes.” Dhani rates the movie an, “eight or nine because it was a good movie and not predictable like most movies.” Her favorite character is the main character Enola Holmes because, “she was so strong and was not scared of anything.” Dhani added, “she even saved a boy’s life [who] she didn’t know.”