Legally Blonde: The Musical takes over this spring;

Students jump in with excitement
Auditions for this school years spring musical of Legally Blonde were held on Wednesday, Dec. 6. The cast list is out as of Dec. 11.
Riley Herold
Auditions for this school year’s spring musical of Legally Blonde were held on Wednesday, Dec. 6. The cast list is out as of Dec. 11.

The 2007 musical with music and lyrics by Laurence O’Keefe and Nell Benjamin is making its way to NH this spring. Legally Blonde: The Musical follows the transformation of Elle Woods as she tackles stereotypes and scandal in pursuit of her dreams. 

Junior Kira-Victoria Holt stated, “I was so excited when I found out this year’s musical was going to be Legally Blonde. I was jumping up and down. It’s a show I really advocated for last year and told them that we should do it. So I was really excited when they actually selected it.”

Sophomore Alex Manzari adds,”I was very excited to hear we were doing Legally Blonde because I am in love with this musical. The music is so amazing and I think it’s a great show with tons of strong personalities and characters.”

Sophomore Lucy Heisey stated, “I was super excited when I found out we were doing Legally Blonde for the musical this spring. I have always  loved the show, so I know it’s definitely going to be a fun and exciting year, but maybe a little challenging because the set is very involved.” 

The audition process consisted of many steps. First actors will have a cold read, which means an actor will be asked to perform some scenes from the show with the script. Next, actors will usually sing two songs. This year however, the actors just had to sing one song, according to Holt. 

Holt auditioned for the role of  Elle Woods using the song “So Much Better.” She stated, “I’m auditioning for Elle Woods specifically because that’s the role I feel really connected to. I always grew up watching those movies and [she’s] kind of my role model.” 

Holt continued, “I’ve always had a big love for theater. I’ve been doing it since the third grade…And it’s kind of the profession I want to go into in the future. So it’s a good experience to have.” 

As for Manzari, she auditioned for two roles. She auditioned for the role of Paulette, singing Paulette’s cut from the song “Bend and Snap.” She also auditioned for the role of Serena. Manzari stated, “I auditioned for the part of Paulette because she fits my cast type, and Serena because I loved how fun and bubbly her character was.”