Taking a bite out of the Big Apple: Annual trip to broadway scheduled for mid-May

CARLY KURGAN, Reporter

Drama students get a great opportunity to travel to Broadway in New York on May 18. Drama teacher, Mrs. Green says, “it’s a great opportunity for students to travel and see new places.” Students who “have never left Pylesville” also get to experience a new place.

The drama students heading to New York will see “Come From Away” is a show about 9/11 and because many students weren’t alive when this tragic event occurred Mrs. Green says “it’s an important story for students to learn about” and to understand how impactful the event was to our society.

“Come From Away” will be a powerful show and many students will learn from this performance, from the tragic events of 9/11 to the excitement of the play itself and the “putting together” of a show on Broadway.

After seeing “Come From Away’ the students will explore the city of New York and enjoy dinner at John’s Pizzeria. Each student has the opportunity to experience many aspects of our country, outside of North Harford. Students going on the trip weigh in on what they hope to see and experiences they are looking forward to.

Freshman Luke Phillips is looking forward to “trying out the pizza place” adding last time he visited New York the food “wasn’t the best.” Phillips is also looking forward to going to time square. As for the show he is looking forward to “seeing what Broadway is about and how the performance is done.” Phillips is also interested in learning more about a topic that was so impactful to society.  

Sophomore Jake Gay is very excited to see the musical and walk around New York with his friends. He also adds that this show is going to be “very powerful and something many should be able to relate to because of how that day effected every person.” Gay has been to New York multiple times with his family but he’s excited to “show friends around New York and the city.” Gay is sure this performance will be “one of the best” on Broadway.

Senior Grace Ulmer is excited to be able to just “walk around New York and have a fun time and experience.” For the show Ulmer is looking forward to “the music” because Ulmer has listened to some of the soundtrack and “it sounds amazing.”