Alumna making her mark; Morgan Knox adds talent to digital age

SUMMER GRACE, Reporter

Morgan Knox, a 2013 North Harford High School graduate, pursued a bachelor’s degree in film and television production at Hofstra University. She now works for a digital marketing agency that does social media management, web design, and video/podcasts production for customers. “My job is to work with clients on the message they want to get across in video,” Knox explains. She works with them throughout the whole creative process in order to “create engaging video content.”.

Her team works with a wide range of companies from medical professionals, to retail, and even sports talk shows. “I create the shot lists, go on-site to film and direct, and then come back and edit to fit the best pieces together,” Knox describes. She loves getting to meet new people through filming. Building relationships with clients while on set is her favorite part of her job because of the variety of businesses they work with. 

In addition, Knox is also the editor of Harford Lifestyle, a digital magazine that her company launched in August of 2019. 

“Harford Lifestyle came about after talking about what we could provide to the county,” shares Knox. At the time, she was an intern at Towson Lifestyle, a print magazine that highlighted families, businesses, and events happening in the community. They combined that idea with the “online presence” and Harford Lifestyle was born. 

While being the editor, Knox is in charge of scheduling the content. “We have really geared the digital magazine to showcase local businesses,” she expresses. Because of Covid-19, Knox thinks businesses are especially in need of advertising now more than ever. She thinks it’s important for them to get more clientele and free marketing. 

“It’s great because we also provide a lot of short video content and less lengthy articles so that we are able to grab people’s attention right away,” Knox shares. She’s hopeful the website can continue to grow as the years progress. 

Knox says she has always wanted to do things involving video filming and editing. “I love the concept of documentaries and giving people a chance to tell their story,” she describes. Even though social media is something Knox had to learn as she went along, she “loves the creative design aspect of social media and web graphics.” 

When asked about her favorite video montage, Knox explains, “I would have to say the small profile I did on Dunbar High School in Baltimore City.” Former player, Keith Booth, went on to play for the University of Maryland and then the Chicago Bulls with Michael Jordan. He then came back to coach at his old high school and they created the piece on him rebuilding the program, Knox reports. 

As a result of Covid-19 are businesses shutting down, so Knox has had to “get creative” with marketing. In addition, “Filming can be hard because everything we do is hands on and in person and with some of the restrictions, we aren’t able to go on site,” she states.