Ford named Limelight recipient;

SSL honored for exceptional customer service
Isabel Kropkowski
Mrs. Ford is nominated by the administration for the Limelight award. She received the honor and award in November.

During the 2021-2022 school year, the county began recognizing employees who always demonstrate outstanding customer service which is known as the Limelight Award.. In November, North Harford’s School Safety Liaison (SSL)Mrs. Renee Ford was one of the honorees. 

Administration recognized Ford said, “ she was surprised by the recognition and it’s a great feeling to know that they see what I’m doing with the students” and that they [administration] appreciates everything that I think is important for these kids.” Ford received an email informing her that she was recommended for the awards and she was invited to a virtual event. 

During the virtual recognition, the nominees are thanked for what they do. School administrators nominate a member of their staff monthly to attend virtual events through May. The Limelight events are sponsored by a variety of Business Advisory Committee members each month. The nominees are placed into a drawing for a prize from that sponsor. Once a winner is chosen who will then receive a gift card from a business that sponsors Limelight for that specific month (HCPS). 

During last year, Limelight had 319 staff members and at least 53 schools recognized throughout the school year. The awards were completed with nine community sponsors with 35 promotional gifts and $1,975 in gift card donations according to HCPS. The county has recognized a variety of staff members including teachers, custodians, counselors, paraeducators, nurses and many more staff positions.

With this recognition,  Ford also received a certificate of recognition from Superintendent Bulson, a car magnet and prizes given by sponsors. November’s nominees and their prizes were sponsored by APGFCU.  

Ford’s goal in her work is to “make connections with the students and I want them to feel supported.” She hopes to make every student feel like we [staff] are rooting for them to be successful. Ford also adds that “not every student has someone to encourage them to be the absolute best version of themselves and I will always be that person for them.”

Ford plans on continuing her Limelight honor by continuing to help students as much as they can. She says “it may be as small as telling students to have a super day or asking them if they are doing alright.” Ford said she loves what she does and will always help students.     Ford wants every student to know that “they can always come to me and I will always try to point them in the right direction to be successful and I will always be [their] biggest cheerleader.”