Two major announcements made by Taylor Swift; Fans mark their calendars for Oct. 13, 27

Swift poses during a song in her Lover era of the concert. While her concerts lasted over three hours, the tour film only spans two hours and 40 minutes. 
PHOTO CREDIT: IMDb
Swift poses during a song in her Lover era of the concert. While her concerts lasted over three hours, the tour film only spans two hours and 40 minutes. PHOTO CREDIT: IMDb

As singer Taylor Swift said, “The rumors are terrible and cruel, but honey[,] most of them are true.” Fans have been speculating about the release date of the re-recorded 1989 album, and Swift finally revealed in Los Angeles that the album will be released Oct. 27.

The album will contain 16 re-recorded tracks, plus five (previously unreleased) tracks from The Vault, which is where her unreleased music is located. Some speculate that there may also be collaborations with other artists, such as Harry Styles. 

The album cover includes parallels to the original cover, such as seagulls and the color scheme of blue and white. This is also the first cover that features a smiling Swift.

There are also limited edition CD’s and records of the album, each being a different color. Fans quickly realized that the colors of Swift’s performance dresses aligned with the colors of the CD’s and records. 

Swift began re-recording her music in April of 2021, according to Vox. Previously, her old record label, Big Machine Records, had been sold, along with the rights to her earlier music. So, under Republic Records, she has been able to re-record songs from her first six albums, including Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, and Reputation, and own the rights to the tracks. 

Swift gained the rights to her albums Lover, Folklore, Evermore, and Midnights as they were created under the new label. 

The Eras Tour Concert film was also announced on Sept. 1 and will be released in theaters on Oct. 13. The film will span a length of two hours and 40 minutes, according to IMDb. Tickets are priced at $13.13 for children (13 is a notorious number in the Swift fandom) or $19.89 for adults (matching the name of the album). 

Junior Natalie Thomas has been a fan of Swift since she was seven years old. She predicts that the album will sound “the same but also different,” because of changes in the instrumentals. Thomas also added that she will be purchasing the album, and going to see the movie.

Fellow junior Poppy Smith believes Swift will “definitely sound more mature” in the re-recorded album, but won’t be purchasing it, as she normally streams the music instead. Smith added that she was “really surprised because [she] thought it would be on Netflix,” instead of in theaters. However, the junior believes it will be worthwhile.