The Tortured Poets Department set for release April 19;

Pop-star Taylor Swift announces brand new album
The+record+has+seventeen+tracks+total.+It+will+be+able+to+stream+on+all+platforms+on+April+19th.+
TAS Management
The record has seventeen tracks total. It will be able to stream on all platforms on April 19th.

On February 4, Taylor Swift attended the annual Grammys as she had six nominees for her pop-album Midnights. Once the pop-star won her 13th grammy, she announced “My brand-new album comes out April 19. It’s called ‘The Tortured Poets Department.’ I’m going to go and post the cover right now backstage.” 

This will be Swift’s 11th album (excluding Taylor’s Version albums) of her career, and her 9th album (including Taylor’s Version albums) that she’s put out in the last four years.

The album will have seventeen total tracks, including a special bonus track. There are two features on the record, being Fortnight (featuring Post Malone) and Florida!!! (featuring Florence + The Machine).

The star is still running The Eras Tour and will continue touring until December of this year. Fans are questioning how the rest of the tour will look, considering she is releasing a brand new album, meaning a brand new era- in April. “I honestly have no idea how the set-list will look with an additional album,” said junior Bianca Baker. “I think maybe, she’ll keep the set-list just how it is, and then sing her new songs from the album as surprise songs.” 

On The Eras Tour, Swift plays two acoustic songs every show that aren’t traditionally on the set-list. The star and her fans have named this part of her show as “surprise songs.”

“I think the songs on the album will have a mix of a folklore and Midnights vibe.” Baker starts, “I’m most excited for track five, So Long, London.” Track fives are infamous upon the singer- songwriter, as they are usually “the songs that were really honest, emotional, vulnerable, and personal as track five,” according to Swift in an interview. 

“I have a feeling this album is going to be very, very sad. This is her first album after her breakup with Joe Alwyn, so I’m expecting there to be some songs about that. But, I’m also feeling like there’s gonna be upbeat songs too. There will be diversity, I think.” 

“When she announced the album, I was watching the Grammys on my T.V. I thought she was going to announce reputation (Taylor’s Version) because she had been teasing it like crazy. She changed her profile picture to black and white on Instagram, so I figured it was for reputation,” stated junior, Natalie Thomas. “She had us all fooled, [the announcement] was pretty shocking.” .