Playoffs wrap up for fall sports

Madison Zdon, Sports Editor

As regular seasons were coming to the end for some fall athletic teams, others were still prepping for playoffs and states competitions.
Field hockey had an impressive season netting only one regular season loss. Their playoff games were against North East, a victory, and a final playoff game they lost against Hereford, 1-0. Junior Sam Crone said, “The team worked so hard and we grew so much from the beginning of the season and next year we will work even harder.”
The girls volleyball team started their playoffs with a win against Fallston but later in the playoffs lost to Rising Sun ending their season. Junior Jordan Tidey said, “Next year we hope to improve our skills as a team and work well together as a group.” The boys volleyball team season ended with a lost against Rising Sun. Junior Tanner Showalter explained “as a team we worked well as a team and next year with the sophomores coming up the team will work well together.”
The girls soccer team lost in the first playoff game to Harford Tech High School with a close score of 0-1. Rachel Freeland said, “Next year as a team we will work together more as a whole and we hope to make it pass playoffs.” The boys soccer team also lost in their playoff game to Harford Tech, 0-1, ending their season. Junior captain Justin Gue stated, “with the juniors having to step up this year because the the lack of seniors this year on our team we did well and I think we even surprised ourselves with how we performed this season.”
The cheer team also went to regionals and placed 8th with an overall score of 106.9 with 3.5 points with deductions.