Girls volleyball striving for win;

Working hard to gain points

Girls varsity volleyball may be struggling, but it doesn’t mean that they can’t have a comeback. According to County Sports Zone, girls varsity volleyball has lost all their games this season. But according to the team they are working hard to get a win.

With a tough season, there are many things that the team can improve on. Senior Dyllan Dinbokowitz (center) said, “We need to work on our defense and just overall playing together.” Along with that, coach Mrs. Barbara Matthews explains, “Our team needs to work on communication on the court.” To improve on these things, they must add new activities and drills into their practice. “We’re doing a lot of drills that focus on mainly defense and serve receive,” said Dinbokowitz. “We are doing a lot of scrimmages,” she continued. 

Now the team is trying to find motivation for the last few games. “This season has definitely made it hard to stay motivated, but I can tell we all want to win more than anything,” said senior Rylee Branagan (outside hitter). “We are struggling a little with motivation,” agrees Mathews, “since we  are playing challenging teams this year.” The team is trying their best to find their motivation throughout practices. “I think the more we do fun practices and just kind of hang out together, we get more motivated,” said Dinbokowitz.

Even through a challenging season, the team is still improving. “We have improved throughout the year,” Matthews expressed. “We have three new players that have grown over the season.” 

The varsity team is working hard to work well together in their games. “We all get along really well off the court, but playing as a team is definitely something we could work on,” said Branagan. The whole team has the same goal, to win a game. “We wanna win a game, we’re trying,” responded Dinbokowitz when asked if they are hoping for a comeback. The teams last game is October 26th and then they will be moving along to the playoffs.