Baseball hits ground running; Looking to strikeout opponents

Baseball season began on March 13, with an away game against the Perry Hall Gators. The team has hit the ground running so far.

Junior Jackson Armiger is most looking forward to “being able to compete in games with [his] friends and have a good time. Armiger plays “shortstop and second base.” He is “most excited to play Fallston or North East” since “Fallston is always a good rivalry” and North East because the Hawks lost to them “in the regional semifinals last” season. 

Senior Sean Babiak is most “looking forward to playing Fallston” and he “think [the team] could go to regionals” this season. Babiak has played outfield for ten years and played for the Hawks the past three years.

Senior Alex Martinelli has played baseball for around ten years. His personal season outlooks include “making all- county.” He thinks the team will be “competitive and scrap through games.” 

North East is a “good team” and depending on how North Harford does “pitching” the Hawks could have a chance to grab a win against them according to senior Wyatt Canapp. He is most looking forward to playing “Patterson Mill” because “it is always a good game.” Canapp thinks overall the team is going to “be alright” he likes the team so far a “little more than last year” adding that he thinks the boys are “better on defense” this season. 

Junior Nolan Clark is an outfielder and is in his first year on varsity. He is most looking forward to playing the rivals, Fallston as well. Clark added he thinks the team “will get together well” and he is “looking forward” to the season. 

Like most of the boys, junior Mason French is ready to play for the Cougars and North East this season. French is a catcher and personally wants to “focus on [his] hitting” for his junior year.

Junior Jack Worden is a center fielder and has played since he was five. He thinks the team will “do okay” in the North East game this year. Worden hopes to hit “over 300” batting average for this season. He added that the “North East or C. Milton Wright” games will be the most difficult for the team this year.

This season the Hawks will take on various teams at the Nest including, Kennard- Dale High School (3/18), Bohemia Manor High School (3/27), Westminster Senior High School (4/4), Havre De Grace High School (4/5), Fallston High School (4/10), Patterson Mill High School (4/15), C. Milton Wright High School (4/19), Rising Sun High School (4/24), North East High School (4/29), and Bel Air High School (5/3).