Cooking up delicious meals; Homemade BBQ people are raving about

Bella Arist, Reporter

Mission BBQ is a restaurant owned by two friends passionate about barbeque. Serving homemade food like chicken, salmon, pork, ribs, fries, and obviously the barbeque sauce. If you want some comforting food, head over to the brand-new Bel Air Mission BBQ, opening October 25!

As for food, having a kid’s menu, sandwiches, salads, and meat market, this restaurant is a good place for everyone. Mission BBQ has food for a family outing or a friend’s party with the wide variety on their menu. You can also call ahead and have pounds of premade smoked meat ready for your party of said people. 

As for the servers, freshman Poppy Smith says, “they are always so friendly and know what to recommend.” Having welcoming servers can increase the amount of people wanting to go and eat there. The workers you interact with reflect on the restaurant as either a place where people don’t care about you, or where you feel welcomed and safe.

Having friendly workers is amazing, but you also must make sure you have a clean space. Smith also mentions their “clean tables and good food presentation.” Even if the food is mouth-watering, the presentation is just as important. Sitting down at a clean table then getting your food on a presentable plate, makes guests want to come back.

As for the owner, they are two friends who came together on September 11, 2011, to officially open the doors to Mission BBQ. They said, “Every day we strive to serve you authentic BBQ made from the freshest, most delectable ingredients, and serve it to you.” (Mission BBQ Website). You can tell the founders are good-spirited and open to everyone. Serving only the freshest ingredients, you can tell they love what they put out to everyone. 

As well as having so much passion, they are also very generous. With giving “more than $10 million dollars and counting has been donated for national and local charitable organizations. It’s the right thing to do, and we really believe in these missions below.” (Mission BBQ Website). Guests can tell these men are good people who want to help/serve others. 

Depending on what time you want to eat the delicious BBQ food, the restaurant has good hours for weekdays and weekends. On Monday to Saturday opening at 11am and closing at 9pm, and on Sunday’s opening at 11:30am then closing at 8pm. These hours are good for a quick lunch, or a nice, relaxed sit-down dinner.

If you want quality meals with a good atmosphere, go to Mission BBQ in Bel Air opening on October 25. If more information is needed go to the Mission BBQ website or call 833-217-8680. Don’t miss out on the delicious homemade BBQ food!