The Phantom Tomorrow released; fans compare Black Veil Brides’ previous music to new sound

+This+is+the+bands+first+full+album+since+the+addition+of+a+new+bassist.%0AFans+of+this+band+had+been+waiting+for+their+newest+release+for+some+time.+%0APHOTO+CREDIT%3A+Sumerian+Records%0A

This is the band’s first full album since the addition of a new bassist. Fans of this band had been waiting for their newest release for some time. PHOTO CREDIT: Sumerian Records

Mackenzie Scott, Reporter

Black Veil Brides recently released their new concept record “The Phantom Tomorrow.” Fans discuss changes in the metal and rock music style compared to their previous albums and their opinions on the new album.

The Phantom Tomorrow is the sixth concept record from American rock and metal band Black Veil Brides. Released on October 29, the album follows the characters Nine and Blackbird and the people of the phantom tomorrow. The record features 12 songs from current line up vocalist Andy Biersack, lead guitarist Jake Pitts, rhythm guitar and violinist Jinxx, bassist Lonny Eagleton and drummer Christian “CC” Coma.

This lineup has changed from original guitarists Chris Hollywood and Pan the Gypsy who departed before the production on any records and drummer Sandra Alvarenga and bassist Ashley Purdy. This current lineup was signed by independent label StandBy Records, but the band landed up being signed to two other record labels until eventually signing to Sumerian Records, which they are signed to today. 

On the Phantom Tomorrow sophomore Emily Vaughn says, “I really like it… A lot of the songs are similar to ones from past albums but with a new twist on them.”  Biersack said when talking with Rock Sound about the interlude “Spectres” “The idea of these upbeat, what would have been pop music in the day, these upbeat songs that were kinda eerie in a way and on the original phonograph recordings were kinda spooky.” 

The band has undergone many changes in their genre and sound, “Their 2010 debut, We Stitch These Wounds, was described primarily as metalcore, however they’re now more heavily influenced by glam metal acts such as Kiss, Def Leppard and Aerosmith,” says Renowned for sound when talking about their self-titled fourth studio album.

Vaughn says she thinks the band’s best album is Vale because she likes the violin, while Sophomore Apollo Porrovicchio’s favorite album is Wretched and Divine because he “likes the general vibe.” Each album has made a different impact musically for different people and Vaughn says, “Musically, it has a different sound that is very encompassing and draws you into it.”

While we are unsure if a new album is in the works or what potential direction it could go, we know the band draws fans in and each album brings new designs and concepts with updated vinyls, CD’s and cassette tapes and brought fans together with their current tour called the “In Between Tour” with In This Moment, with guest Ded.