Tuning in to All Things Go music festival; Pippitt speaks about her experience

The All Things Go music  festival this year was held at Merriweather Post Pavilion. According to washingtonian.com, the festival started in 2006 with a group of childhood friends who were interested in listening and also writing about new music – mainly indie, electronic and rock groups. The festival is a DC-based music festival with 32 acts in the span of two days.

The acts on Saturday, Sept. 30 included Maggie Rodgers, Carly Rae Jepsen, MT. Joy, Lizzy Mcalpine, Dayglow, FLETCHER, Suki Waterhouse, Peach Pit, RAYE, Tegan and Sara, The Wombats, Sudan Archives, Last Dinosaurs, Vacations, Jensen Mcrae, and Hemlock Springs. 

The acts on Sunday, Oct. 1 included Lana Del Ray, Boygenius, MUNA, Arlo Parks, Alex G, Alvvays, Ethel Cain, Vundabar, Tommy Lefroy, Meet Me @ The Altar, Ella Jane, Juliana Madrid, and Free Range. 

This year’s headliners were mainly all female and non-binary artists, and according to NPR’S Lilly Quiroz, that one fact changed the entire experience. 

Senior Ava Pippitt says she went to the festival for the full 12 hours on the second day. “It was a super long day and it was hot out, but it was worth it,” she says.

She continues that she and her boyfriend “switched between both the different stages so that [they] could see the people [they] wanted.” The big headliners for the day they went were Maggie Rogers, Carly Rae Jepson, Lana Del Rey, and Boygenius. 

Although Pippitt was at the festival for the full 12 hour experience, she says that Lana Del Ray, Alex G and Boygenius were “definitely” the best performances she saw. “Lana brought out her producer [Jack Antonoff], which was pretty cool. [She] looked amazing, and everyone in the crowd was so hype and knew all her lyrics.” 

According to hercampus.com, concertgoer Kim Goldman says she would consider her trek from Connecticut to Maryland to be “entirely worth” being able to see her favorite artists live. 

She continues, “even beyond just the performers on this list, the entire festival was marked by good vibes, good people, and even better music.”

Pippitt says that at the festival, they were giving out free monster energy drinks and that they had different sponsors setting up giving out free stuff like “Conair and Cotopaxi,” but she says there were “so many people” waiting in the lines for the bathrooms, water and food.

She then says, “They had two stages, and there were lawn ‘seats’, seats, and then pit.” Besides the waiting in long lines and it being a hot day, Pippitt says the sets were “amazing.”