Affairs, disloyalty, infidelity:

Cheating is not worth breaking morals

Infidelity. A normalized concept amongst many different age groups. It’s strange though, how something so immoral can be so prevalent in life. 

A study published in 1999 found that in college students, 75% of men cheat while 68% of women cheat on their significant others. Based on married couples, 25% of men and 15% of women have admitted to the same. 

So obviously, disloyalty is not tied to just one age group. Which honestly, is even more uncomfortable to think about considering that humans tend to make more mistakes when they’re young. But, married couples-  who are most commonly older, more developed people- are making the same mistakes as adolescents? 

The topic discussion of “I got cheated on,” in a room full of people will almost always be followed by a “me too.”  It is so normalized to be someone’s victim of disloyalty. And the problem is not the ones who got cheated on, but the ones who are doing it. 

Infidelity in itself is already bad enough. But what makes it worse is priding it around or making up excuses for your own actions. And those two things are exactly what makes cheating so normal to anyone else. 

So many people boast about cheating. Like it’s something to be proud of- and it’s not. It’s embarrassing and just goes to show how immature someone could be. And making up excuses for cheating- seriously, how low can you go?

There is never an excuse for being disloyal. There may be an explanation, but never will there be an excuse. It does not matter if you’re unhappy, if there’s no “spark” anymore, regardless in a relationship that should be communicated so you can either work it out, or leave. Not leaving through illicit affairs, but instead leaving by having a mature conversation. 

It’s not that hard to be a decent person and communicate rather than breaking hearts and morals to get out of a relationship.