Love Is Blind season six airs; Fresh season brings new drama

Love Is Blind season six was aired on Valentine’s Day of this year, offering viewers a look at another group of singles from Charlotte, North Carolina.

30 men and women will get together and make connections with one another through a wall. If they eventually get a connection, without ever seeing each other, these couples will get engaged. This eventually leads them to finally meet face-to-face and run off on a vacation honeymoon together.

“Before the cameras even started rolling, the group spilled about their dating strengths and weaknesses, as well as their major deal-breakers and relationship goals” states Netflix, as the bachelors and bachelorettes open up about what they’re looking for in the pods of the show.

This season is not free of its own drama, as it starts showing some of the singles in the pods. Viewers are introduced to Matthew, “who uses the same script” on multiple people to try and win them over and “ultimately tries to sidestep accountability by pointing out that “America” loves an “underdog” states thedailybeast.com

We are also introduced to four singles: Chelsea, Jessica, Jimmy, and Trevor who are in a struggling love square, where Jessica is in love with Jimmy, and Trevor is in love with Chelsea, while Jimmy is conflicted with his feelings between both women, and Chelsea is conflicted for her feelings between both men.

While five couples got engaged at the beginning of this season, not everybody makes it to the altar. Some of the relationships start out strong, but “for the most part, these connections feel shallow, unstable, and above all confusing” states thedailybeast.com. As we see them make it past the honeymoon stage, we see some of our most promising relationships crumble down.

A confirmed reunion was stated, as “Netflix announced on February 23 that the reunion will premiere on Wednesday, March 13, at 9 p.m. ET. It was filmed live in front of a studio audience, and Netflix promises “secrets that have surfaced since the experiment concluded” states glamour.com. 

They continue by explaining how couples from previous seasons such as Chelsea and Kwame from season four, and Alexa and Brennon from season three will be making an appearance and asking questions in the live studio audience. This will once again be hosted by Nick and Vanessa Lachey.