Art Show scheduled for May; Students display yearlong progress

The Art Show is returning to the Nest for all to see. There will be many displays of all types of artworks, from ceramics, to paintings, to stained glass creations, and many more.

The art show will be held Wednesday, May 1 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. for families and students to come after school hours, Thursday, May 2 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:50 p.m. for students and staff, and Friday, May 3 from 8:00 a.m. till 10:30 p.m. The art show will once again be held in the media center, but there will also be work featured in the atrium.

Art teacher Mr. Jason Blevins explains how over the past few weeks, they have been getting the artwork together for the show. “As we speak, plans are being sketched out for the layout of the show,” says Blevins. He continues to explain the prep by saying “over the next two weeks, we will finalize all plans, matting of artwork, and begin hanging artwork on our ‘accordion’ displays and in displays throughout the school.”

Blevins explains how they always want the show to go smoothly when preparing for the art show and states that “Art Guild students and National Art Honor Society students will be in attendance throughout the course of the show to make sure people are respectful of students’ artwork and not touching the work.”

Blevins says that he is “always excited to see people’s reaction to the work, and it is wonderful to see the students with work in the show get positive feedback from the school community.”

Senior Dyllan Dinbokowitz said she has made multiple projects for the art show. She explains how she “made a small lantern, some flowers, a starfish, and experimented with some impressions.” She further explains how “these projects are all made out of clay. I am also bringing in my clay house, pinch pot, coil pot, and a wire tree that I made last year to put on my table for the art show,” as seniors get displays for all their work made throughout their years here.  She is excited to see all the “projects together and organizing them on my table. Looking at the finished products of others’ work is exciting as well.”

Sophomore Sascha Kendall has been a member of the Art Guild since last year. She explains that for set up, artworks will be placed according to classes. “Fine art prep pieces are together, drawing and painting pieces are together, etc.,” she elaborates. She adds of all her works, she is most excited for people to see “my scratchboard drawing, which is a snake. I’m very proud of it!” The snake has been used on the current posters for the show.

While all the students in every art class have been working all year on multiple pieces for the Art Show, the Art Show is being held for the three days for all to come and see there progress they have made.