GUTS (Spilled) about new songs; Olivia Rodigo performs on tour

Pop singer Olivia Rodrigo has been on tour since February, performing her newest album on stage, Guts.

The singer did lots of promotions for her new album with vinyl albums being sold in different stores. She had a Target exclusive vinyl that had a surprise song called “Obsessed,” on it.  Fans had a big reaction to the song on social media and posted things saying they wish it was on the real album.

Olivia started playing the song at her concerts and in shows to get more promotions. She ended up releasing a deluxe Guts album with the song “Obsessed,” and others called “Girl I’ve Always Been,” “Scared of My Guitar,” “Stranger,” and “So American.” She calls the deluxe version GUTS (Spilled).

Junior Mia Sbodio “was really excited for the deluxe songs, and [Rodrigo] did not disappoint.” Sbodio has been a fan of the singer since her first album, Sour, came out, but Guts (Spilled) has been what she has been listening to the most, because it has “more of a punk rockish vibe/tone, where Sour is quiet and piano tone.”

Sbodia couldn’t just pick one song as her favorite because she loves “them all but right now I’ve had ‘So American’ on repeat because [she] love[d] how it’s different from all the other songs and more fun and upbeat.” 

The deluxe album was voted “best new music,” by Billboard.com. The new album is “a smidge higher,” on the charts compared to her first album. The singer is on tour until August 17, with a North American tour.

Rodirgo didn’t start out as a singer; she was a known Disney child actor and was in other movies. Some of her most well-known productions are Bizardvark, An American Girl: Grace Stirs Up Success, and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.

Rodrigo has an audience of mostly teenage girls which Sbodio loves because her music is easy to relate to and “she’s a teenage girl experiencing life and heartbreak, and she helps girls get through it with her.”

Her and her co-star, Joshua Bassett, met on the show and started dating; they promptly split, and the break up helped create songs for her first album Sour, which led her to the making of GUTS.