Special tradition continues for 12th graders; Senior sunrise event held on field

Close to 70 students attended this event, according to Bella Brockmeyer. The sun rose between 6:40 AM and 6:50 AM.
PHOTO CREDIT: Emily Johnson
Close to 70 students attended this event, according to Bella Brockmeyer. The sun rose between 6:40 AM and 6:50 AM. PHOTO CREDIT: Emily Johnson

Rise and shine, class of 2024! The SGA sponsored an early morning meet-up, where seniors could gather with friends and take pictures, during the sunrise. The event took place on Friday, Sept. 8, and started at 6AM, on the turf. 

Many seniors brought blankets and chilled with their friends, while enjoying donuts. SGA president Bella Brockmeyer said she purchased “300 donuts for the whole senior class” and she believes it was worth it to get up early to attend. 

Sara Ford attended the sunrise and enjoyed taking pictures with her friends with the sunrise. She believes it was worth it to get up early for the event. Ford didn’t arrive at the field until 6:40-6:50, but stayed and enjoyed the views until 7:05 AM. “[She thinks] it’s a good tradition, and we should definitely do it every year.” 

Cole Hellwig and Blake Carberry also attended the event, both arriving between 6:00 AM and 6:20 AM. Both seniors believe it would be fun to continue the tradition for future classes, but Carberry added that he didn’t believe “it was worth it to get there at 6 AM,” while Helwig mentioned that it would be better if the event started closer to 6:15- 6:30 AM. 

Katrina Winkler added that she had fun and that “it was a nice way to start off our last year with everyone.”