Upcoming year brings challenges; Yearbook staff organizes content differently

KIMBERLY EDGAR, Reporter

Pictures. Content. Deadlines.

Mrs Carla Harward, yearbook advisor, faces new challenges for this year’s yearbook. Regardless of these, Harward and her staff use different methods to overcome those challenges to create this year’s book.

According to Harward, they are planning on doing a month to month approach instead of the usual seasonal. “We are coming up with creative layouts and stories to tell about what is happening during our “virtual” school and in our community,” states Harward. They are confident that they will have plenty of content for this year’s yearbook.

The staff has decided to focus this year’s book on highlighting the amazing things students are doing. “I believe the yearbook will be amazing as we have some great layouts that we have been working on as well as story ideas that I think the students will be very surprised and happy about,” mentioned Harward.

Junior Maddie Blubaugh says, “this year’s yearbook will be different, but in a good way, it will show us that we still had a good school year even though we weren’t in the building doing normal school things.” Harward and her staff both feel that this year will become a learning curve.

Fall pictures are on hold, but Harward hopes that there will be spring pictures for the yearbook. It’s still unsure as of when students will be going back to school, so new adjustments must be made for pictures. That applies for club pictures as well, they are on hold until in person learning resumes.

The yearbook staff plans to have a sports section when sports start happening in the spring, but Harward states that they will still highlight the athletes in some way. So far, they have been covering some of the sports leagues that have been happening during the fall.

Blubaugh also states that, “there won’t be the usual pep rally and football games, instead there will be things that are happening outside of the school in society.” The modifications being made to this year’s yearbook will make this year special, but not any less great from previous years according to Harward.

The staff is always looking for things students are doing outside of school, not just in the building. This gives the staff an upper hand in creating this year’s book. “It will be very organized and well put together,” says Blubaugh.

Junior Elaina Huffman believes this year’s book will be interesting. “We are still able to cooperate through teams to create a yearbook for students even though not everything is hands on.” Huffman also mentions that the staff is “really striving for teamwork and trying to get the yearbook to be the best it can be.”