Teachers nominated for You’re My Reason; Students show appreciation for educators

Lily Corcoran, Copy Editor

Last year during Kindness Week, the staff at NH was given an opportunity to recognize students who inspire them to come to work each and every day. On Dec. 9, the tides have turned, and a random sampling of students were able to nominate educators in the building who inspire them.

Freshman Samuel Kleback gave a shout-out to German teacher Mr. Russel Blake, saying, “[He makes] learning German so fun. [His] class always makes [Kleback’s] day better and brighter.” Similarly, sophomore Sophie Deibler shouted-out art teacher Mrs. Lisa Campbell, saying that Campbell is, “always in a cheerful mood and it brightens up the whole mood of the classroom.”

Senior Mason Fried praised  Mr. Bill Wardle and thanked him for “making [his] first [and last] year at this school enjoyable.” Junior Tristan Armiger appreciates math teacher Mrs. Emily Johnstone because, “She helps [Armiger] a lot and comes over when she sees [Armiger] struggling.” Armiger adds, “[Johnstone] always talks with us at the beginning of class to get us engaged, and lets us take lots of notes” that the class can use for quizzes and tests.

Similarly to last, teachers that were nominated this year also received shout-outs and t-shirts. Science teacher Mr. Robert Lamarr received a shirt and said, “Thank you [all] for the nominations. I am glad that I am able to make your school experience better.” This is an especially nice treat for Lamarr, as it is his first year teaching at NHHS. Lamarr added, It feels good to know that I am accepted as part of the North Harford community, and that I am making a difference to the students here.”

Similarly, French teacher Mrs. Larissa Arist received a shirt and said, “My favorite part of teaching is building relationships with my students, especially with those students that take French all four years;we get to see each other every other day for four years!  I love what I do and I’m grateful that I come to a place where I can have fun and enjoy time with my students every day.” Arist, “ can’t imagine teaching any other way.” Arist commented that she, “just wants to let all [her] students know that it’s because of them that makes teaching French so rewarding for [her].”

Make sure to tell your NHHS educators how much you appreciate them this month.