Twelve stresses of holidays;

Receiving something meaningful

The holidays are upon us again, and the endless question of what to give someone is on everyone’s mind. What do you get someone who already has seemingly everything they need? 

All these choices about gifts can also cause a lot of problems for many people. “Surveys show that nearly seven people out of ten are stressed by the feeling of having a ‘lack of time’ and a ‘lack of money.’ And over 50% of people are stressed about the ‘pressure to give or get gifts.’” reports Nesslab.com. This stress about the holiday season is extensive. “It’s a reminder of the people we’ve lost, a time when we may be forced to hang out with people we’re not that familiar with, a succession of family events where we’re being asked personal questions we’d rather not answer,” continued Nesslab.com

But “despite the stress-inducing ordeal of the holiday season and having to buy gifts for many people at the same time, gifting itself can be a wonderful experience,” reports Nesslab.com.

The Center of Biology found that, “56% of Americans are likely to give a secondhand gift and 68% are likely to make a handmade or DIY gift during the holiday season.” 

Homemade gifts have been around for years and have been a way to express the gift-givers love. “Handmade gifts are extra-special because they show that you spent valuable time and effort in addition to putting thought into a gif,” says plbfun.com

Homemade gifts are often cheaper than buying a gift. “Usually, a handmade gift will be easier on your wallet, but not always. If you buy specialized equipment or expensive materials, you could spend more money than a similar gift you could buy instead of making.” says Giftster.com. But buying a gift can be beneficial, “If your life is busy, buying a gift will be much easier” says Giftster.com.

All gifts have lasting effects, whether it’s a gift from the Dollar Store or a gift that you spent thirty hours making.  No matter how you look at it, gift-giving can be the best part of the holiday season.