All state choir vocally exceeds expectations

GARRETT STURGILL, Reporter

All state choir consists of passionate students who have auditioned and were selected because of their stand out vocal abilities. Senior Garrett Thomas and junior Kaleigh Gallagher are grateful for the opportunity to represent NH in this experience.

“All state choir to me means work harder and just progress,” says Thomas. “As a kid I didn’t really see myself being where I am. I never thought singing would have been my passion,” Thomas claimed. “Here I am in all state choir, doing musicals, and creating songs in which I express my mind,” the senior commented.

Other students who know Thomas and Gallagher believe they are both deserving of the opportunity.  “…They are both great singers and inspire all of us in all county choir,” said Tyler Martin, a student in all county. Alex Singleton, a junior said “I aspire to vocally improve and the two of them inspire me to get better at singing.”

Gallagher commented that she believes choir has enhanced her social skills. “Going up on stage, singing, and hearing applause motivates me. Seeing a whole crowd cheering me on is what strive for,” she stated. “Being able to vocally express my emotions through song allows me to connect to others. If they feel the connection/relate to what I’m singing, that’s how I communicate,” Gallagher commented.

Martin added that whenever everyone in choir hears Gallagher and Thomas sing, they sound like leaders. “They have such an impact when they sing and we all feel it.” “Kaleigh has such energy when she performs in which carries throughout her performance and Garrett’s voice is extremely impactful with his tone and projection,” added Singleton.

Thomas says he loves singing, and he believes state choir is a privilege. Beyond those experiences he feels that performing with the band known as Kruiser allows him to build his vocal skills, as well.

“I always look forward to performing, closing my eyes and imagining myself in front of thousands of people,” said Gallagher. “Being able to express myself through song to my friends, family and more is such a blessing to have. I sing every day and wouldn’t trade anything in the world for where I’m currently at,” claimed the junior.

Gallagher added that singing will forever allow her to express herself.  “Singing openly enhanced my skills socially and vocally and never would I ever trade it. It’s an opportunity of a lifetime that I will never take for granted,” added Gallagher.

Thomas feels that every member of choir aspires to be great and is capable if they commit. “I hope I can inspire everyone in choir to keep chasing their goals whether it be singing or not, because the amount of passion I have for singing and performing is crazy,” the senior said.