Lana Del Rey releases new studio album; ‘Chemtrails Over The Country Club’ gains popularity

Alexa Falls, Reporter

American singer, songwriter, and record producer, Lana Del Rey recently released her seventh studio album called Chemtrails Over The Country Club during mid-March. North Harford students share their thoughts on her older music and the new album. 

Del Rey is a popular singer who went viral from her first debut single Video Games which was released in 2011.  Logan Chapman, sophomore, says that Video Games is his favorite song by Del Rey. Born to Die and Born to Die: The Paradise Edition are Chapman’s favorite Lana Del Rey albums. The Paradise Edition has many more songs that aren’t on the original Born to Die album, along with the same songs on the first Born to Die album. 

Chapman says, “There are so many songs on that album that were chart toppers when they were released, and they are very relatable.” He adds, “I also feel like Lana Del Rey is a very relatable artist in general.” Chapman mentions that on Del Rey’s new album Chemtrails Over The Country Club, “there are a few good songs that I have added to my playlist but I’m not fond of the whole album.” His favorite song on that album is the title track, Chemtrails Over The Country Club. 

Although he enjoys the new album, Chapman states that he prefers her older music, “a lot of her songs back then were very relatable now they’re kind of just about her and her life.” He adds, “Personally, I like a song with a good upbeat vibe and a lot of them [Del Rey’s songs] are very slow, but don’t get me wrong I love a good slow Lana Del Rey song, it’s just my preference for music I guess.” 

Dahlia Neiser, sophomore, also listens to Del Rey’s music. Neiser’s favorite song by her is Brooklyn Baby from the Ultraviolence album released in 2014. Going along with Chapman’s response, her favorite album is also Born to Die: The Paradise Edition. She says, “I like the paradise edition, and this is the album I grew up listening to.” Neiser explains how this album is nostalgic to her, “when I was younger, it was one of the newer ones [albums] and my aunt would play it in the car all the time.” 

Neiser hasn’t listened to Del Rey’s new album Chemtrails Over The Country Club and explains, “I don’t think any album can top the Born to Die album[s].” She says that she still will listen to the new album eventually, “I would try it just to see if I would like her new music almost as much as her old music.” Neiser adds, “I doubt they [Del Rey’s new albums] could top her old albums.”