Pulling all-nighters; Do at your own risk

Riley Herold, Reporter

Overwhelmed by all the projects and assignments due that night, at least once in their lifetime teens ended up pulling all-nighters. In a poll, 75.2% of NH students found that they do end up pulling all-nighter in order to complete a project they were procrastinating on. The other 24.8% of teens say they do not.

Lack of sleep reduces the brain’s attention span and concentration, but also it slows reaction time and impairs constructive thinking (The Sleep Doctor). ¬†On a physical level, sleep is critical for your body to repair itself and boost its energy levels. Without, your immune system functions, and metabolism becomes affected. (The Sleep Doctor). Overall all-nighters are not good for teens’ mental and overall health.