Kardashian’s say goodbye to TV

Alexis Haigler, Reporter

This 2021 famous E! Network show Keeping Up with the Kardashians will be airing it’s last season after 20 seasons and 14 years on televisions across the world.

The show started when sister Kim Kardashian was brought into the spotlight by a friendship with then it-girl Paris Hilton and a new video with rapper Ray-J. Her “momager” Kris Jenner took the opportunity to get a reality show for the whole family of Kim, sisters Khloe and Kourtney, and brother Rob Kardashian, plus younger two half-sisters Kylie and Kendall Jenner. Kris Jenner and her Husband Bruce Jenner [now Caitlyn Jenner] who is the father to Kylie and Kendall.

Through the years the group has made head waves in every type of media with almost a billion followers of the family across platforms like Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and other various social media. The show generated memes and stories endlessly from this content-packed family.

The show has by no means been their own business venture; three sister Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe all co-owned a clothing store called Dash in the early seasons of the show. Since then everyone seemed to open up to business running and owning, with Kim creating Skims, a shapewear brand and studying to be a lawyer. Kourtney started an online project called “Poosh” that writes articles and sells various wellness products. Khloe started her own fitness venture and created a program that helps other people get in shape called “Revenge Body”. While younger sisters Kylie and Kendall went onto start careers as well with Kylie launching Kylie Cosmetics, making her the world’s youngest billionaire, and Kendall starting a modeling job and becoming the highest paid model in the world.

The final season is almost done airing and it seems the whole Kardashian gang is sad to have the show ending and are “happy for all the memories,” says Mom Kris Jenner in a recent episode of their show. They have thrown viewing parties of past clips of the show, even going to visit their childhood home and do a walk through of the old house they used to live in with late father to the Kardashian clan Robert Kardashian. This final season is their farewell  to television, for now anyways.

Many Kardashians and fans are sad to see the show go, especially with its running history and growing fanbase. One sophomore, Riley Porterfield, was particularly upset by the end of the show saying “How will I live through other peoples’ lives without the Kardashians to avoid mine?”. Clearly she was a fan of the show and is deeply upset that the show was coming to a close.