Coaches, team prep to start spring off strong; “Good group of guys” swinging into action

Riley Stoneback, Reporter

Baseball is back with the beginning of spring sports, however the boys have been getting ready since the beginning of Jan. when conditioning started. Coached by Jeffery Burrows and Justin Martinek this season, tryouts took place on Tuesday, March 1. 

Junior Colin Brosh said, “Conditioning went really well. We did a lot of work that helped us get ready for the season. We did a lot of running and core workouts and lifting, and I think it helped me get ready for tryouts.”

Brosh is in his third year of playing baseball for North Harford, having played JV his freshman and sophomore years and now on varsity as a junior.

Brosh says, “I think we’re going to have a good team this year. I feel really prepared for the season, and I feel like we’ve got a good group of guys that know each other and have played with each other before.”

Junior Mason Dyckman is playing for varsity this year. “We ran inside a lot during conditionings, because that’s really important for getting us in shape for March 1. It honestly made me feel pretty good about the season and going into tryouts. 

The boys baseball team has a 23-game season schedule this year, playing teams from Harford County, like Fallston and Bel Air, but also playing private schools, like Archbishop Curley. Their first season game is on March 22 at home against Havre de Grace.

Dyckman says, “I think we should match up pretty well with other teams, but it just depends. A lot of teams are a lot like our team right now. We had a lot of people graduate from last year, and the team was really good last year with those players. Other teams are in the same position, so hopefully we can beat them this year.”

Mason Wimer, another junior playing for North Harford’s varsity team this year, is also “really excited for the season.”

Wimer says, “I feel like the season is going to go really well. We’ve got a lot of good talent, and it seems like the boys are excited and hyped for the season. I think we definitely lost some good seniors last year, and we’re going to need people to take those spots. If we can stick with that, then I think it’s going to be a great season.”