Local attractions sparking up the holidays with Christmas lights

EMILY GREEN, Video Editor

Longwood Gardens

In Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, just 49 miles from North Harford, you can attend Longwood’s annual Christmas light display show, from now until Jan. 5, 2020.  The show is outdoors and includes illuminated trees, glowing orbs, a shimmering tunnel of lights, and light displays choreographed to holiday music to set the tone for Christmas. You can purchase tickets from a range of 12-23 dollars.

Picture Credits: Longwood Garden

Brad’s Christmas light show

In Bel Air, Maryland, just 12.9 miles away from North Harford, you can watch Brads Christmas light show for free. The 15-minute show displays over 45 thousand lights including over 13 thousand lights on just one tree. New additions to this year’s display are ten mini pixel trees and two fog geysers with lights. Donations can be made to Make-A-Wish foundation and they encourage you to donate.

Picture credits: Brad’s produce employee

Busch Gardens Christmas lights

In Williamsburg, Virginia, a 235-mile drive from North Harford, Busch Gardens Christmas Town opens for the 2019 Season. Busch Gardens decorates their location as a winter wonderland celebrating the holidays with warm cocoa, and 8 million twinkling Christmas lights. Tickets can be purchased online for 35 dollars.

Picture Credits: Busch Gardens

Herr’s potato Christmas lights display

In Nottingham, Pennsylvania, a 27-mile distance from North Harford, a free display of holiday lights from dusk to dawn is held at the Herr’s potato factory from Nov. 27- Jan. 2, 2020. The drive throughout their corporate campus has over 600 thousand lights. They ask for everyone to remain in their cars for safety.

Picture Credit: Herr’s Factory

Hershey park Christmas Candy lane

In Hershey, Pennsylvania, about a 56-mile drive from North Harford, Hershey Park asks everyone to join them for a display of more than 4 million lights, popular rides and coasters, and a visit with Santa and his reindeer. You can attend the Christmas show from Nov. 15- Jan. 1 for about 30 dollars.

Picture Credits: Hershey Park

Winter Lights Festival

In Germantown, Maryland, a 79-mile driving distance from North Harford, the city is preparing for their Winter lights festival and getting ready to welcome visitors for their 24th season. The display of lights will be at Seneca Creek State Park and will be open nightly Nov. 29- Dec. 31. You can purchase tickets online or onsite from a range between 12-30 dollars.

Picture Credits: Gaithersburg Website