On court: Boys basketball starts, Heading for redemption

Winter sports are back in action for the 2024 season, which means boys basketball is back on the court.

They kicked off the season with games against Patterson Mill, Havre De Grace, and Harford Christian. The team pulled out a win against Harford Christian ending the game with a score of 65-52. 

Senior captain Aidan Jablon said the team “is off to a decent start.” for starting the season off with 1-0. Jablon expects the team “to do better than last year[s],” season, wanting more wins for the team this year for them to celebrate. 

The team didn’t lose many seniors, so there are alot of returning players meaning “everyone has been playing with each other longer,” who are currently on the team. This is going to help the team win more according to Jablon. 

“The Fallston game,” is the game Jablon is most excited for the team to play this year. He hopes that “everyone plays hard and keeps their spirits high on the team,” for the whole season. The team has been showing “good work,” according to Jablon at practices. 

Senior captain Ian Fox says he knows the team can “bring it back,” later in the season to make up for the first two losses of games. Fox says the team is wanting to “win at least 7 games, and get better overall as players and as a team.” 

This year Fox says the team seems to have “a lot more communication and we work alot better as teammates compared to last year.” 

The team hasn’t done any team bonding yet outside of practice but Fox says the “best bonding they’ll get,” is hanging out after practice “with each other in the locker rooms.” There has been a lot of “hard work on plays,” during practice according to Fox. 

Senior captain Ethan Hartlub has a positive outlook on how the season is going to play out because “they have a lot more seniors this year and alot more team chemistry,” said Hartlub. Hartlub said he expects to have a “good competitive season.”