Stepping off court; 2024 basketball, season comes to end

The girls and boys basketball athletes are finding their way off of the court for the season. 

The girls basketball team just finished their regular season games with a winning record of 13-7. The boys finished their normal season with a record of 2-16. 

Senior captain Carolone Nicholson said, “the season is wrapping up really good,” and she is “sad it’s coming to an end but, I think that the season has really paved the way for next year.” The girls walked away this season with hardly any losses, but Nicholson says the team has “worked hard to fix mistakes and have really come together as a group.”

Nicholson said her favorite game to play was the game against Rising Sun, because she thought “it was a great game to play in, and watching it was a very evenly matched game which is always fun.” The girls ended up losing the close game with a score of 45-57.

Junior Emily Signor will be a returning player next season and says the team is “wrapping up the season on a good note and looking forward to and preparing for what is to come in the playoffs.” She continues that as long as the team works “hard in practice and go into the playoffs hungry for the wins, we can go get it.” 

The girls have a good connection with each other and have “developed a lot through the year as a team,” said Signor. Her favorite game she played during the regular season was against North East, because it was her personal “best game, but everything was flowing very well offensively and it was overall a great win for the team.” Signor is “very excited for what is to come next season.”
    The boys basketball team had a tough season, but they remained optimistic. Senior captain Ian Fox thinks the season went well, and the team “didn’t win all the games that we wanted to, but it was undoubtedly such a great experience.” 

Fox’s favorite game to play was their most recent one against Rising Sun, because “of how intense it was.” Senior Night is right around the corner for the boys, and Fox is “really excited about senior night because [he] feels[s] like it will be something [he will] always remember.” 

Fox would like his team to know “don’t ever let losses get to your head, move forward and win the next game.”